Pregame Bullets: DLSU vs ADU
- When asked for a word to describe how he felt when the team finally won last Thursday, coach Franz replied, “Exciting!”
- James Mangahas told the press “Kailangan naming mag work as a team, kasi puro rookies kami. Wala kaming star sa points so kailangan talaga mag work as a team, kailangan naming mag execute para mag compete sa tournament.”
- Coach Franz was all praises for James Mangahas and even said that he is a classic example of a non-vocal leader just like JV Casio and Mon Jose. “They are leaders that are not that vocal yet still set a good example for their teammates by how hard they play in every game.”
- The Falcons are no pushovers this year as they almost beaten the likes of UST and FEU in their previous matches. If not for some bad breaks down the stretch, they could have achieved an unblemished mark at this point in the tournament.
- Key to Adamson’s drive this season is the heads-up play of their sturdy backcourt trio of Jerick Canada, Lester Alvarez and the returning Leo Canuday. They are given ample support at the frontline by Jan Colina, Alex Nuyles, Allan Santos and Ex-Green Archer Mike Galinato. Nuyles however is sidelined due to his shoulder injury he sustained in a game against UP.
- The Archers need to play at an even higher level than their previous game in order to keep pace with the Falcons. Veterans like Bader, James, PeeJay, Simon and Joshua should again come out and lead the charge for the team.
- Rookie Arvie Bringas, though still struggling has shown flashes of brilliance in several occasions in the past games. We are all hopeful to soon see him adjust well in the seniors.
- Defense, notably on the Adamson guards is the key for the Archers to win their second game of the season.
Ok, now for the upcoming match tomorrow..