Pregame Bullets: DLSU vs UE 8/29
- It can’t get any tougher than this. With only 4 games remaining in the elimination round, the Green Archers will start the daunting task of overcoming three teams currently in the top 4 of the standings and 1 also-ran that has a history of playing the spoiler’s role. At this point, the team can control its fate, but one loss during this upcoming season homestretch could prove to be fatal.
- In their first round encounter which happened on opening day, the Green Archers were blown out by the Red Warriors 65-46. I feel that UE is the most dangerous team among the next 4 opponents. They are currently on a 2 game winning streak and are coming off a morale boosting win against the Tamaraws. The Warriors are in solo 3rd, and they are gunning for the twice to beat edge.
- Their bench may not be deep but the Warriors are enjoying such great performances as of late from Paul Lee, Pari Llagas and Elmer Espiritu. Iit will be very hard to contain these veterans most especially the high-flying Espiritu, who still manages to produce excellent numbers despite the bandaged forehead and all.
- The Green Archers will face a Red Hot Team this Saturday. The long bumpy road to the Final4 starts this weekend. What we can only wish for is for the team to Play Like’s There’s No Tomorrow. Because there may not be if they lose this one.
- Let’s hope the previous defensive problems are corrected for this game. Lee torched our perimeter defense repeatedly with his penetrations and dishes. UE’s arsenal includes several accurate shooters from the long court aside from their athletic bigs who are good inside operators.